Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Dex.ini switches now available to download

I finally figured out how to post items for download – the blogs will never be the same! The second thing I would like to share with you is my list of .ini switches for the Dex.ini file. This is a 12 page document spanning 17 years of my career as a GP consultant. I’m looking for that 13th page! Anybody that sees something to add or that needs correction please let me know. My goal is to keep this a reliable list!
Have fun with it

https://app.box.com/s/xkgae2rz1vil1ap4o579

Until next post!
Leslie

8 comments:

Stanley Glass said...

Awesome Leslie. You should pass this out in your Dex class.

Dynamics Confessor said...

Will do! Thanks for the suggestion.

Francisco G. Hillyer said...

Yes Leslie, there is a switch named: ListsFastExcelExport=TRUE

you can check Patrick's blog post
to include in your Dex Ini File

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/developingfordynamicsgp/archive/2010/05/28/dynamics-gp-lists-exports-slowly-to-excel.aspx

RamV said...

I could not locate in 4shared.com. Can you pl post again or share it to my email id - svrcrown@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

I cannot access the link @ 4shared. "The file link that you requested is not valid."

Dynamics Confessor said...

Hi,

I moved the file to box and changed the link. This should get you there.

https://app.box.com/s/xkgae2rz1vil1ap4o579

Leslie

Emily H said...

Hi Leslie! There are two HideInvisibleLayoutFields=FALSE on page 23, with different definitions. Cut and paste error?

Dynamics Confessor said...

Hi,
The definitions are essentially the same. The setting is stating whether or not the Invisible fields are being shown in the Modifier window. This should only be listed once. I will delete the extra instance. Thank you for pointing this out :)
Leslie